In 1807, by warranty deed, D conveyed land to P. One of the properties, was donated as long as P built a meeting house thereon and continued to use it for that purpose. P built the meeting house in 1808 which was burnt down in 1865. A new meeting house was built in 1867, and it too was destroyed by fire in 1925. In 1927 P built a school on the land. P sued to quiet title in 1994. The court held that P had acquired the land by adverse possession. D appealed. D contends the 15-year period does not apply under 12 V.S.A. § 462 and that municipalities can never acquire land by adverse possession.